Location – Cockermouth, Cumbria, UK
Type of employment – Full time
Category – Director
Closing Date – 3rd april midnight
Bike shop manager
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic bike shop manager. Ideally someone with a passion for cycling and driven to make sales, to be responsible for one of our busy and successful shops in Cumbria, able to take it to the next level. The role plays a key role in the Cyclewise business, which provides a diverse range of cycle-related services.
Cyclewise is an independent business with two busy cycle shops in Cumbria. Cyclewise Whinlatter is our trail center and bike rental shop specializing in mountain bikes and e-mountain bikes. Cyclewise Cockermouth is our famous shop for road, e-bike, adventure and leisure bikes. As well as cycle retail and mountain bike hire, we offer expert workshop services, a range of mountain bike skills coaching, British Cycling MTB leadership courses, Bikeability training in schools , technical expertise and advice, and an e-commerce operation. The industry is exciting and challenging, with customers increasingly accessing our products and services across all channels.
About the role:
As a Cyclewise Store Manager, you are empowered to build and lead a dynamic, successful and passionate bicycle retail store team. You will be a key member of the operational team reporting directly to the directors. Responsible for maximizing sales of our premium and quality brands of bicycle, e-bike, apparel and accessory lines, both in-store and online.
As a manager, your contributions will impact the success of the business and you have the opportunity to design and shape this progressive and evolving business, in an ever-changing retail landscape.
- Responsible for day-to-day retail and workshop services through the management of the store team.
- Bike and Equipment Sales Conversions Manager
- Responsible for maintaining in-store inventory control and visual merchandising
- Responsible for daily opening and closing procedures including cash handling and key holder duties.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the phases of the customer journey – Awareness, Sales, Follow-up
- Oversee the planning of workshop work (repair, maintenance, appointment and bicycle construction) and diagnose the repair and maintenance work required on customer bicycles.
- Provide quality assurance in bicycle retail and shop repairs
- Identify opportunities for sales growth in our range of products and services
- Able to ensure that all clients receive an excellent experience through the services offered, ensuring the team is trained and upholds the highest possible standards.
- Responsible for recruiting and/or training new employees.
- Ensure that all staff have the knowledge, skills and motivation to achieve objectives
- Provide a safe and welcoming environment for customers and staff at all times
- Manage inventory processes including ordering, receiving and pricing.
- Create purchasing plans for the company and responsible for inventory management.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate data on our retail management system.
- Organize and market products in a clean and creative way.
- Coordinate events such as demo days and themed promotional events.
- Oversee the store’s communications on social media and the display of bikes and accessories on the company website.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, high level of energy, confidence and resourcefulness. You must have at least 2 years of sales experience and knowledge of the cycle industry. You will be expected to run the store from the workshop and stay on site at all times. Previous experience managing a cycle retail store and purchasing product is desirable. Ideally, you have skills in bicycle mechanics and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
About salary and working hours:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience – from £25,000 a year, a generous staff discount on cycle-related products, a company pension scheme, 28 days holiday a year (including including holidays)
The position is based at Cyclewise Cockermouth located in Cockermouth, Cumbria and is surrounded by stunning scenery of the Northern Lakes. The role will be full time, 40 hours per week, spread over five days – a 3 week rotation.
How to register:
Please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you would be an ideal candidate for the position, and anything else you think is relevant. Email [email protected]
Closing Date: 3rd April 2022 midnight