IMF—The Food Industry Association has revealed its finalists for the 2022 Store Manager Awards. Eleven individuals were chosen for their spirited aptitude for team development and store management. According to IMF, the winners‘ strong business acumen and a passion for managing people led to record financial growth; increased customer satisfaction; dynamic and motivated employees; innovative in-store programs; and impactful community investments.
The finalists for the FMI Store Manager Awards 2022 are:
Category A (1-49 stores)
- Jose Marroquin, Store Manager, Inserra Supermarkets ShopRite, New Milford, NJ
- Scott Cristi, Store Manager, Roche Bros. Supermarkets, Co., West Roxbury, Mass.
- Stephanie Wright, Store Manager, Monadnock Food Co-op, Keene, NH
Category B (50 – 199 stores)
- Dionne Martin, Store Manager, Giant Food, Fort Washington, Md.
- Raymond Stockard, Store Manager, K-VA-T Food Stores Inc. d/b/a Food City, Kingsport, Tenn.
- Rob Santoni, Store Manager, Weis Markets Inc., Nottingham, Md.
Category C (more than 200 stores)
- Brandon Welch, store manager, Brookshire Grocery Co., Monroe, La.
- Rob Vassar, Store Manager, Meijer Inc., Stevensville, Michigan.
- Robin Olshenske, Store Manager, Food Lion LLC, Myrtle Beach, SC
Category D (international)
- Dawn Haig, Store Manager, Save-On-Foods, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
- William Colquhoun, Store Manager, SPAR Scotland/CJ Lang, Abronhill, Scotland
From April 18-22, FMI will host its People’s Pick category, where it will ask members of the public to vote for their favorite Store Manager Awards finalist. The winners of the four categories and the recipient of the People’s Pick will be revealed in a live virtual celebration on April 28 at 3:00 p.m. ET via the FMI YouTube channel.
“The 2022 class of Store Manager Awards finalists represents triumph over turbulence. Despite a turbulent year of supply chain disruptions, rising inflation and an ongoing pandemic, these 11 remarkable professionals have remained steadfast in their commitment to achieving excellence in the industry,” said Leslie G. Sarasin, President and CEO of Based in Arlington, Virginia MFI. “The 2022 finalists have delivered results that inspire their businesses, customers and communities.”
For more than 20 years, FMI has celebrated store managers through the Store Manager Awards. The awards create space for all Store Managers to be recognized, not only within their own company, but also across the industry. The Store Manager Awards are sponsored by The Coca-Cola Co.
As the food industry association, FMI works with and on behalf of the entire industry to advance a safer, healthier and more efficient food supply chain. FMI brings together a wide range of members across the value chain – from retailers who sell to consumers, to producers who supply food and other products, as well as the wide variety of businesses providing essential services – to amplify the work industry collective.
Largest retailer-owned grocery cooperative in the United States, based in Keasbey, NJ Wakefern comprises nearly 50 members who independently own and operate 361 supermarkets under the ShopRite, Price Rite Marketplace, The Fresh Grocer, Dearborn Market, Gourmet Garage and Fairway Market banners. The company is #23 on The PG 100, Progressive Grocery 2021 List of leading food and consumables retailers in North America. Ahold Delhaize United Statesthe parent company of Landover, Maryland-based Giant Food and Salisbury, North Carolina-based Giant Food. Lion food, is #10 on The PG 100. Meanwhile, Weis Markets, based in Sunbury, Pennsylvania, Based in Texas Brother Brookshires and based in Grand Rapids, Michigan Meijer are numbers 60, 71 and 18, respectively, on the list.