Kempton & Co. is a small, well-established designer, producer, wholesaler and retailer of handbags and accessories. Founded in Red Hook, Brooklyn in 2010 by Fiona Kempton, the brand is currently represented in over 100 retailers across the country and internationally. Our own brick and mortar store is located in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
Retail Store Manager and Wholesale Administrator:
Kempton & Co. – Brooklyn, NY 11231
We are looking for a dynamic full-time employee for this position. We are a handbag and accessories boutique based in Red Hook, Brooklyn. You will work or oversee all retail store operations, wholesale and retail related administrative aspects of the business. The primary focus of this role will be to grow our in-store retail revenue, but manage customer service and administration on the wholesale side of the business. You would be the Creative Director’s right-hand man working independently on-site, in Brooklyn, occasionally in Old Westbury, NY and off-site at events. Positive energy and the ability to switch from one type of task to another are essential!
Some of the responsibilities are, or may include:
Development of our retail business:
• Research/create new and execute new and existing retail events in-store and off-site
• Clientele with existing and new customers via SMS/call and email
Manage day-to-day operations and the business side of operations
• Bulk order management
• Invoicing and collection of payments from wholesale customers
• Manage customer service for retail/online and wholesale customers
• Learn/use/update the various web platforms we use including: Shopify/ /Quickbooks/Apparel Magic (OMS)/Joor (OMS)/Shipping Portals/ Deposco (WMS).
• Troubleshoot any phone, internet, software and issues that may arise with the parties involved.
• Recruit and manage temporary and full-time staff
• Staff schedules as needed
• Work with Excel to create reports, track company costs.
• Small tasks that contribute to the big picture! We are a small team and each person must help in all roles.
Skills and Attributes:
• Independent problem solver
• Good for reporting/follow-up
• Strong visual merchandising skills
• Extremely tech-savvy/strong IT/technological skills – Your main job will be to switch between numerous web-based platforms.
• Pleasant and positive energy – someone who can focus on the many tasks that need to be done alongside to drive the wholesale and online business and motivate others.
• Extreme multi-tasking – someone who is organized and can keep up and doesn’t get irritated easily.
• Respectful and Communicative — Communication and respect for workspaces and the team are essential for this position!
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel
• Punctual – Naturally, Red Hook is a trek for some candidates, but they need someone who is always on time and lateness is an anomaly. Be a role model for your subordinates.
• Driver’s License – We attend many wholesale and retail events, often requiring driving or moving a vehicle. Confident driving ability is a requirement.
• BSc/BA in Office Administration, Business Fashion Management and/or relevant experience required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]